- Consultant to Fisheries and Oceans Canada on case for including cultural and spiritual values of eulachon, Thaleichthys pacificus in policy and decision-making. Summary and Conclusions (updated). Full text.
- Advisor to Pacific Fisheries Resources Conservation Council on bringing traditional and local knowledge to bear on salmon management. Summary. Consultants' report.
- Outreach programme to recruit Aboriginal students in fisheries and marine ecosystem science and management careers-http://www.roadshow.ubc.ca;
- Lead editor Fishers' Knowledge in Fisheries Science and Management, UNESCO, Paris. Contents. Intro. Chapter 1.
- Technical editor Seamounts: Ecology, Fisheries and Conservation, Blackwell, UK.Overview.
- Project manager ecosystem impacts of fishing pressure, protected areas and artificial reefs in Hong Kong. Report;
- Project manager contract to develop first ecosystem models of west coast of Scotland and Sea Lochs - Report;
- Co-Investigator Back to the Future / Coasts Under Stress (www.coastsunderstress.ca).
- Convenor, Aboriginal session at the 4th World Fisheries Congress, Vancouver 2004. Session Summary.
- Coordinator, Sea Around Us Project to assess ecosystem impacts of fishing at ocean basin and global level. Responsible for communication, managing consultants and interns, event organization and reporting (www.seaaroundus.org).
- Executive Coordinator, UBC Fisheries Centre (www.fisheries.ubc.ca). Partnership building with universities, First Nations, ENGOs, governments and industry. Negotiated Memoranda of Agreement (e.g. Indonesian Fisheries, World Wildlife Fund, United Fishermen and Allied Workers Union). Developed financial policies, contract budgets and workplans, consultant and student terms of reference. Managed research contracts.
- Team Leader on proposal for a major new multi-disciplinary Aquatic Ecosystems Research Laboratory at UBC. Accessed $10.6 million from Federal and B.C. governments. Building.
- Project leader Putting Fishers' Knowledge to Work - the First International Conference on the Resource Management Value of Indigenous and Commercial Fishers' Knowledge. Raised $150,000 for Indigenous participant travel: Full proceedings.
- Consultant Hong Kong Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation dept. Provided expert advice on involving fishing communities in artificial Reef/Marine Protected Area programme to restore marine ecosystems and maximize social and economic benefits. Abstract. Full text.
- Consultant Canada ASEAN Centre - Led three missions to Indonesia to develop an ecosystem assessment and restoration programme.
- Negotiated UBC/BC Aboriginal Fisheries Commission MoU to accelerate enrolment of Aboriginal graduate students and expand fisheries science to include traditional knowledge and values.
- Prime consultant Stikine Nation Power Corporation built political support, raised equity funding and coordinated environmental permits for $25 million Hydro Project.
- Policy advisor Haida,
Tsimshian, Tahltan, Oweekeno and Gwa'Sala-'Nakwaxda'xw Nations and
First Nations Summit, Alliance Tribal Council
and Indian and Northern Affairs Canada. Prepared
46 major proposals and studies on cooperative management; resource
rebuilding, access and sharing mechanisms; options for interim measures
and treaty settlement; education, training, aquaculture and other